I’ve lived in Jacksonville, Florida, for over a year now and there are still so many places that I want to explore!
Most of these places are northern and central Florida since those are easier day trips for me, but there are a few places here in Florida and southern Georgia that I really want to visit this year!
Most of the list are outdoorsy experiences because I love being outside, but also because we are still living in a global pandemic and I’m trying to be safe, especially in Florida, where restrictions are lacking. In no particular order, here are a few places or experiences that I’d love to visit in 2022:
- MOSH – This is the local science museum in Jax and I somehow still haven’t made a trip here yet!
- Jacksonville Zoo + Gardens
- Amelia Island – The Amelia Island lighthouse is one of the oldest in the state!
- Ponce de Leon Fountain of Youth in St. Augustine – I’ve been to St. Augustine many times, but haven’t gone to the Fountain of Youth yet. I’d love to make it this year.
- Cumberland Island, Georgia – In particular, I want to see the Dungeness ruins and wild horses! It looks beautiful.
State parks + national monuments:
- Fort Clinch State Park – They have historical recreations at this state park on particular days and I think that it’d be very interesting to experience.
- Bulow Plantation Ruins State Park
- Fort Matanzas National Monument
- Washington Oaks Gardens State Park
- Jennings State Forest – I’ve heard that there are really beautiful hikes in this state forest.
- Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge, in Georgia – To be honest, I really just want to go to this park because of the name and I can say that I’ve been to “Okefenokee.”
Best Florida springs:
- Devils Den
- Ginnie springs
- Juniper springs
- Ponce de Leon springs
- Silver Glen springs
- Rainbow springs
These are the *dream* places that I’d love to visit this year, but we’ll see!
- Disney World – To be honest, I go to Universal Studios Florida frequently because I bought an annual pass, but I hardly ever go to Disney. I would love to make it to all the Disney parks at some point.
- Everglades National Park – It’s an absolute dream to go to Everglades National Park! It’s quite a drive from me, so it’ll take more planning on my part so we’ll see.
- Key West – This one is kind of a no brainer. I’d love to take a vacation with my family to Key West, but it’s rather expensive and will require more planning if I were to go, so fingers crossed!
Thank you for reading! Have you ever been to any of these places? Let me know in the comments below and like this post if you want more like it!